Monday, March 31, 2014

New Studies and a Fabulous Recipe!

The Proverbs 31 Ministries Online Bible Studies'  Gap Study that I have been involved with the past three weeks (actually three months) is over and I miss it already. To help fill the void, I joined Good Morning Girls' Why Easter Matters study. I am getting ready to dig into that study later this morning. Next up will be the P31 OBS "Living So That" by Wendy Blight study. This looks to be an excellent study and I am anxious for that to get going. I encourage you to go the proverbs31.org website and click on the Online Bible Studies tab for more information and to sign up.

I am spending the day at home with my little guy. He has been running a fever so I kept him home from school. That gives me a little more time to do some around the house tasks that I never seem to get done! As a treat, I am finishing up my hubby's laundry. He generally washes his own clothes because they come home so dirty and greasy from work. I was going to wash my windows, but it looks like it is going to rain sooner than the weatherman predicted, so that will have to wait. I have finished planning our evening meal and am thinking about the rest of the week. We really need to butcher! I am just about out of beef! That never happens, so that means I have done a pretty good job of planning our meals out of the freezer the past year! Speaking of food, check out the newest Jensen family favorite - Mac & Cheese. No, not your normal everyday, run of the mill mac & cheese, but fabulous yummy melt in your mouth mac & cheese. The recipe is below:

Mac & Cheese

1/2 of a 1-pound package of penne pasta, cooked and drained
1 jar (14.5 oz) Prego flavored with savory bacon alfredo sauce
1/2 of a 1 oz package of ranch salad dressing mix (I used Hidden Valley Ranch.)
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Stir the pasta, sauce, dressing mix and half of the shredded cheese in a large bowl. Spoon into an 8x8 baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbly.

We decided that this was an absolute must keep recipe. We are going to make it again and add left over cubed chicken from the freezer. Add a garden or fruit salad and some garlic bread and you have a complete meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment