10) Use God's Word to make healthy choices. Probably seems like an easy thing to do, but I struggle with this.
9) I eat and then I eat some more. I am overindulgent when it comes to my food when I am stressed.
8) I need God, healthy eating and exercise - a cord of 3 is not easily broken. Have I mentioned I would rather do just about anything than exercise?
7) I struggled with this study because I thought I didn't have what I needed to make changes, but God was already there, waiting for me to call to Him for help.
6) I need to remember, "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things." Philippians 4:8
5) "Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power." Ephesians 6:10
4) I am ok with boundaries. They are like guardrails to keep me from slipping and falling.
3) From my sermon notes last Sunday comes this jewel: There is no life apart from attaching your life to Jesus. Choose Christ and you will always gain more than what you will lose.
2) This journey was about me & God.
1) It takes courage to be honest with yourself.
And part of being honest with myself is realizing that my journey isn't over. I need to continue to crave God and build up my spiritual life to create the deeper, more meaningful relationship I desire with God. So my journey isn't over, it's just begun. As I move forward I leave you with two of my favorite things...
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." ~ Colossians 3:23,24
If you aren't familiar with "You Won't Relent" by Misty Edwards, I urge you to check it out on YouTube.