Saturday, August 30, 2014

Fear = Faith

What? Fear = faith? How is this possible? Let me explain...

Faith. Without faith, conquering our fears will be impossible.

 "Jesus said to him, 'If you believe, all things are possible to him who believes.'" Mark 9:23

Encourage. By participating in this Gap Study, sisters, we are able to support and encourage one another as we kick our fears to the curb. I have seen this going on as we comment in response to what is posted by our Gap Team and others. Keep it up! :)

"Therefore encourage on another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." 
1 Thessalonians 5:11  

Accept. Be open to what God is saying to you as work through this study. Accept it - embrace it. Use the wisdom and insight you are gaining to force fear back when it starts creeping in.

"Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future." 
Proverbs 19:20 (ESV)

Refuge. When you find fear and anxiety weighing you down, seek God and take refuge in HIM. Rest. Refuel. Renew. Scripture and prayer provides all of this to us - use it! Psalm 46 is one of my favorites.

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

10 comments:

  1. Such a simple writing overflowing with power. I really enjoyed reflecting on this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosemary, Thank you for you kind comments. May God continue to bless you as you conquer your fears!

      Delete
  2. Love the equation Deje and the expansion, :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this beautiful encouragement and lesson this morning, Deje. I'm really working on the Refuge part right now. I have major anxiety issues and forget to go to Him in those panicked moments. It is such an easy and inviting step, but I get so caught up in the fear and anxiety, I can't think straight. I'm trying to make going to Him an automatic habit as it should be :). I'll remember Psalm 46:1 now thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candance, Praise God that I was able to help you! May you continue to find your strength and courage in God's Word!

      Delete
  4. This is a wonderful post with the power of simple trust and reliance on God and His faithfulness and the process. I am praying for the now and the future for me to do my part in the natural as God does His part in the supernatural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valerie thank you for stopping by! Richest blessings to you!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing Gods truth in such an understandable way! God Bless, Nancy Silvers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deje love that refuge part. Debbie W.

    ReplyDelete