Wednesday, January 22, 2014

#Empowered

Empowered is the WOW (Word of the Week) in the Proverbs 31 Ministries OBS “Made to Crave.” I am participating in this with 40,000+ sisters online and with 10 at my home church. I decided to look up the definition.  Empower- 1. To invest with power; to give power or authority to.  2. To equip or supply with an ability; enable.

The teacher in me was curious. I had to dig deeper! Synonyms include allow, entitle, grant, trust and permit. Among the antonyms are deny, disallow, disapprove, refuse and reject. How does this week’s word empower me on my weight loss journey?

E= Educate. I need to educate myself in healthy eating plans and exercises. I need to educate myself to rely on God and trust in Him in everything and for everything, including my weight issues.

M= Mustard. Really, it’s mustard seed. It reminds me of a song that goes, “Have a little faith in me, the size of a little mustard seed. Have a little faith in me and see what I can do for you.” Putting my faith in God, and again, trusting Him, I can reach my goals and the plans He has for me!
                “…I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed…Nothing will be                                            impossible for you.”  Matthew 17:20-21

P= Pray. Pray, pray, pray! Pray for myself, pray for my sisters on this “M2C” journey. Pray for strength, courage, trust and forgiveness.
                “Therefore be clear-minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.”  I Peter 4:7

O= Overseer.  Everyone, including me, needs an overseer or accountability partner. An overseer is charged with responsibility over something. My accountability partner needs to be responsible to hold me accountable.
                “Since an overseer is entrusted with God’s work…” Titus 1:7

W=Win. With God by my side I will win this war, although I know I will probably lose some battle along the way.
                “I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me…”
                                 Philippians 3:14

E= Encourage. I will use God’s Word to encourage myself and those around me.
                “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up…” I Thessalonians 5:11

R= Refuse. Refuse to quit or give up. Just because I hit a rough patch, I will keep going!


E= Enjoy. I will enjoy the journey and all that God has given me.
                “Dear friend, I pray that you would enjoy good health and that all may go well with you…”
                           3 John :2

D= Desire.
                “May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.”  Psalm 20:4


#Empowered in a nutshell! Put God first in your journey, be faithful to Him, pray about and entrust your plans to the Lord and He will be with you and guide you every step of the way!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, Deje, for posting this.
    I love your acrostic! You found fabulous words & verses for each letter :D

    I'm a beginner blogger, but perhaps this study will bring it back???

    Have a blessed day!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your blog and how you used each letter and the challenge to us and then backing it up with scripture. Then I copied this in my journal " #Empowered in a nutshell! Put God first in your journey, be faithful to Him, pray about and entrust your plans to the Lord and He will be with you and guide you every step of the way!" Thanks for sharing
      Marilyn (OBS Group Leader)

      Delete
    2. Marilyn, Thank you for stopping by! When I was working on this post I just about drove myself nuts looking for just the right word for each letter and then finding a verse! But God is good and I am happy with the way it turned out! You are welcome to share what you copied or my entire post with your group if you would like!

      Delete
  2. Janet, Thank you for your encouraging words! Would you believe this is only my 2nd post ever?!!!! Try to join us next week! I would love to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Deje for sharing this with us it was very touching and inspriring! Great job on the layout of your blog also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful post. I too copied your acrostic with verses into my journal. So glad I chose your blog to read today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete